Contract: Fixed Term
Hours: Part-Time, Evening and weekend work essential. Approx. 10 hours p/week
Location: Chadwell Heath & Little Heath Training Grounds
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Academy Goalkeeper coach to be an important member of West Ham United Academy’s coaching set up. We are looking for a coach with experience in an elite Academy environment to join our team of player development experts. This person will positively contribute towards the following vision of the Academy:
Our VISION is to build on our iconic history and create an environment of excellence & high standards that ensures our worldwide reputation as an outstanding producer of talented players & people from within our diverse community‿ all developed ‘The West Ham Way’.
* To support & help drive a culture of learning within the academy environment
* To consistently produce work of the highest standards in all areas of your age groups support. Before , During and After training or games
* Support the match-day preparation and performance of the goalkeepers. Support the reviewing of individual player performances with the direction of the Head of Acadmey Goalkeeping
* To have the required qualifications for their current role & continue to develop self
* Support some goalkeepers as a mentor every 8 weeks through the IDP Process. Collate evidence of this support & development of each Goalkeeper
* All training sessions & TMR’s to uploaded to the PMA within 48 hours of the event for your goalkeepers working with the age group coaches Training to be uploaded to the PMA & match reviews emailed to the Head if Academy Goalkeeping within 24 hours
* Work with the phase lead to & review against the syllabus, playing style & age group specific issues so can ensure we follow PLAN-DO-REVIEW Work with the Academy Head of Goalkeeping & Lead Phase Coach to review against the syllabus, playing style & age group specific issues so can ensure we follow PLAN-DO-REVIEW
* Support the planning, preparation and delivery of the Coaching sessions in line with the Academy Philosophy and a multi-disciplinary approach for the goalkeepers you work with
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Advanced Youth Award (E)
* Level 3 (UEFA B) Coaching Certificate (E)
* Level 4 (UEFA A) Coaching Certificate (D)
* Emergency Aid Certificate (E)
* Minimum two years previous experience in similar role. (D)
* Member of the FA Coaches Club (D)
* Enhanced DBS (or ability to obtain) (E)
Desired Staff Behaviours The West Ham Way
ÿ I always put the needs of the team and players first
ÿ I respect everyone’s contribution & opinion.
ÿ I will represent, share & celebrate the history and values of West Ham United and it’s community.
ÿ I always aim to promote ambition, creativity & confidence
ÿ I invest time into my personal development and try to develop new skills.
ÿ I am open to new ideas and trying things outside my comfort zone
ÿ I always give 100% all-the time
ÿ I strive to add extra value beyond my job description
ÿ I encourage & promote a hard-working environment by leading by example.
ÿ I am always respectful, approachable and always display good sportsmanship.
ÿ I will leave my ego at the door
ÿ I always aim to be humble, committed and reliable
Please apply through our recruitment site at https://www.whufc.com/club/recruitment/vacancies by Monday 29th August 2022
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted