We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
To work on all matters appertaining to the control and direction of the Women’s Football Academy, with the objective of nurturing outstanding young players to develop into the club's First Team.
* To set in agreement with the Board; the Women’s Academy annual Budget and ensure monthly budgetary meetings occur to monitor expenditure.
* Provide an Women’s Academy progress report to the Board on an annual basis and other written documents and presentations as requested.
* Attend monthly Technical Board meetings to represent the Women’s Academy and the Women’s Academy Coaching programme to discuss key technical progress within the club and ensure the football philosophy is continuous.
* Ensure the management of correct procedures regarding the purchasing of items for the academy via the Company purchase order system.
* Fulfil the role of Head of Coaching and Player Development managing the direction and organisation of coaching throughout the Women’s Academy in relation to the club’s football philosophy.
* Attend women’s academy games at all age levels ensuring good communication with staff, players and parents and monitor standards of play and match day procedures.
* Work in co-operation with other key departments within the Club.
* Ensure a bespoke player review system is in place across all phases that meet the needs of the players, parents and staff as well as meeting WSL mandatory criteria.
* Be responsible for the appointment of all Academy staff in consultation with the General Manager.
* To manage weekly full time staff meetings on the academy programme in all phases and lead a weekly Women’s Academy Management Meeting.
* Work in co-operation with the Education Providers to ensure that the programme that fits with the clubs player development model.
* To ensure all policies, practices and procedures relating to Youth Development are implemented and updated annually.
* Organise and oversee all coaching programmes within the age range 16 to 21 and to organise and assist all coaching groups for the 10 to 16 age range.
* Implement and monitor the Women’s Academy Coaching Syllabus for 16 - 21year olds and ensure the coaching syllabus for the age range is delivered, meeting West Ham United Women and FA WSL criteria including operational and legal requirements – coaching style, child protection, health & safety, first aid, diet & nutrition etc.
* Responsible for the recruitment, managing, supervision and development of the Academy coaching staff, taking whatever steps are necessary to maintain the highest professional standards at all times.
* Structure and chair Women’s Academy meetings with all coaches & co-ordinate all Academy fixtures through close liaison with Academy Staff and other Clubs fixture secretaries and other officials.
* Ensure that young players train for quality and development and that the rules and regulations of the Academy and the Mission and philosophy of West Ham United Women are encouraged at all times.
* Develop and establish an extensive ‘scouting ‘network in the locality to provide contacts and information on all players with potential and assist in the development of effective and sustainable relationships with schools, local clubs, community groups and PFA Educational welfare officers in order to build a strong base for the club’s Academy.
* Manage the recruitment of youngsters in the age range 16 - 21 into the Academy and to assist the recruitment of 10-16 year olds.
* To undertake all other tasks as required by the Club’s Board.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* UEFA A Coaching Licence (E)
* FA Advanced Youth Award (E)
* Bsc in Sports Science, Coaching, Psychology or similar (E)
* Msc In the above (D)
* Previous Experience of management within an elite sports environment (E)
* Experience working within Female Development Pathway (E)
* Working within a WSL/Championship Club (D)
* Working in Coach education (D)
* Understanding of Talent ID and recruitment (E)
* Strong desire to excel at whatever task is at hand, seeking to achieve world-class levels of professionalism, technical delivery and quality standards. (E)
* Actively accommodates and implements change initiatives. (E)
* Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals. (E)
* Develops direction and structure, ensuring clarity of role and purpose. (E)
* Facilitates goal accomplishment for the team, provides necessary resources and works to remove obstacles. (E)
* Involves others in team decisions and shares important, relevant information. (E)
* Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing tasks. (E)
* Seeks and uses feedback to identify appropriate areas for learning. (E)
* Identifies and participates in appropriate learning activities to fulfil development needs. (E)