West Ham United Foundation (WHUF) is seeking a Grants & Trusts Officer to grow the restricted fundraising for the organisation. Building on the success of the last 18 months, the post-holder will work with the Business Development group and Project Management teams to develop high-quality funding applications through trusts, grants and statutory tenders. The role will focus on both developing innovative new projects and sustaining current projects with an ambition to grow our income through restricted funds to support our work.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of unrestricted fundraising and be committed to supporting WHUF’s vision and mission.
Qualifications & Experience
- Track record of writing high quality bids that secure restricted funds.
- Understanding of relevant trusts and grant funders.
- Knowledge of statutory services across the relevant sectors.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation processes and demonstrating impact within the charitable sector.
- Understanding of the issues and barriers impacting the communities within the Foundation delivery area.
- Commitment to supporting others, and the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the Trusts & Grants Officer will:
* Work closely with the Foundation’s Senior Leadership Team and project staff to build a compelling case for funders.
* Identify relevant funding opportunities across Education, Employability, Youth & Community, Health, and Sport.
* Build relationships with prospective funders.
* Ensure excellent stewardship of existing funders.
* Write outstanding applications that showcase our work.
* Contribute to an agreed annual income target for unrestricted income.
* Support monitoring & evaluation processes to understand our impact.
- Maintain up-to-date records on all funding opportunities and applications.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the fundraising strategy.
- Keep up to date with the issues affecting the communities we serve.
- Undertake professional development by participating in staff development (CPD) and training activities.
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the line manager / organisation.
* Attention to detail and an ability to think critically.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills both internally and externally, which are culturally competent.
* Very strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and work within deadlines.
* Motivated and enthusiastic about our work.
* Keen to learn and further develop your fundraising skills.
* Willingness to support other team members.
* Results focused with a problem-solving approach to challenges.
* Works collaboratively with others and prepared to work outside office hours on occasion.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people, and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background, or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person, or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
3. Ensure implementation of the club’s health & safety, safeguarding, welfare and equality policies to create a safe working environment for all.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
West Ham United Foundation is an organisation committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.