We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
A new opportunity has arisen at our First Team training ground, for an administrator to support multiple departments.
The role will be to primarily support the Player Recruitment department and Club Secretary with administration duties, whilst also providing administrative support and assistance to other departments based at the Training Ground.
We are looking for a candidate with exceptional administration skills, attention to detail and experience of dealing with multiple assignments simultaneously, whilst delivering to a high standard and maintaining absolute confidentiality.
* Oversee Administrative support to the Player Recruitment Department, including organisation of tickets for scouts, travel arrangements, completion of purchase orders and collation of expense claims.
* General administrative assistance and support to all Departments (including Football Administration, Player Care, Player Appearance, Medical, Coaching Staff)
* Management of post in/out
* Guest/Visitor management
* Meeting room allocation, scheduling and management
* Attendance and minute taking for Training Ground Heads of Department meetings
* Any other ad-hoc duties required.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Experience within an Office Manager/Secretary position (E)
* Experience working within professional football (D)
* Experience of working with high profile clients (D)
* Hold current clean driving licence and have use of own vehicle. (D)
* Possession of, or able to gain a DBS certificate (E)
* Ability to manage and plan multiple tasks (E)
* Excellent IT skills (E)
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (E)
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure during busy periods to meet deadlines (E)
* Proactive and a self-starter (E)
* Ability to react quickly due to an ever-changing environment (E)
* Excellent organisation and time management skills (E)
* Knowledge of foreign languages, spoken and written (D)