Salary: London Living Wage
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday + home matchdays’
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Sunday 4th September 2022
Location: London Stadium, Stratford, E20 2ST, including agile working arrangements.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of interest-free travel season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
Exciting opportunities have arisen in the West Ham United Ticketing Department for a full time Ticket Office Representative. Within the department there is opportunity for growth and successful applicants will receive fully funded support to gain a Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.
As the face of the Club to our supporters, the successful candidates will process customer ticket sales onto Venue Master from incoming and outgoing calls made by the Contact Centre, ticket office or via Email, ensuring all transactions are completed accurately and in a timely way within set time scales.
We are looking for individuals who are committed to ensuring that the call quality standard is met on every call and every opportunity is sought to drive individual as well as departmental and Club objectives by upselling and promoting WHU products and services.
- Inbound call handling
- Outbound call handling
- Lead Matchday Role
- Assisting with complaints
- KPIs with a required Quality score 80%+
- Assist with cashing up duties
- Flexibility to working hours to manage cup runs and departmental demands
- Compliant with Club departmental procedures
- Embrace equality and diversity and demonstrate professionalism at all times
- Adhere to Staff Handbook policies and procedures
- Appropriate use of all systems (ticketmaster, fortress, telecom2 etc)
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
- Ticket office or call centre experience (E)
- Experience working within a sporting organisation (D)
* IT Literate (E)
- Ability to follow instructions (E)
- Able to use initiative (E)
- Good time management skills (E)
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast paced environment (E)
- Ability to work well as a member of a team and as an individual (E)
- Exceptional communication skills, especially when on the phone (E)
- Telephone sales and closing skills (E)
- Excellent customer service skills (E)
- Have a strong work ethic, can-do attitude (E)
- Be flexible and adaptable to working hours to ensure that the Department runs smoothly at all times including first team match days (E)
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
Please apply through our careers site https://www.careers.whufc.com/ by Sunday 4th September 2022.
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted