West Ham United currently have a position available within our grounds keeping team as a soft landscaping operative. This is a full time permeant position to work within our training ground in Romford, Essex
* Undertake routine maintenance work in relation to managed decorative areas as assigned by the Head Groundsman or Deputy Head Groundsman. Undertake all cultivation work to maintain health of plants
* Discussions involving improving areas and developing sites
* The safe use and operation of equipment and machinery used in grounds maintenance.
* Inform the supervisor and where instructed, take corrective action on mechanical defects or breakdown of equipment.
* At all times adhere to high standards in relation to Health and Safety upholding the Company policy in this respect.
* Undertake general grounds maintenance tasks in relation to the playing surface and surrounding areas.
* Ensure work area is kept clean, tidy and secure at all times.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers, colleagues and end users.
* When dealing with customers / clients / public uphold high standards of customer care and attention at all times promoting the image of the Company.
* Mowing- Regular mowing of training areas using a variety of mowing equipment.
* Manage and maintain flowerbeds and lawns across all sites
* Hedge Cutting and pruning
* Irrigation of managed planted areas
* Fertilising - Apply appropriate products at manufacturers recommended rate’s
* Assisting when required on pitch maintenance work’s
* Artificial Surface Maintenance
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
- NVQ level 2 (or Equivalent) in Horticulture (E)
- Experience in working on professional sports grounds (D)
- PA 1, 2 and 6 Spraying (D)
- Maintenance of landscaped areas (D)
- Team Player (E)
- Enthusiastic (E)
- Ability to adapt to change and work under pressure (E)
- Willingness to work outdoors and in all weathers (E)
- Able to accept and carryout instructions (E)
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.