We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader.We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
An exciting opportunity has become available at West Ham United Football Club and are seeking an excellent Senior PDP Coach. The primarily role will be to be the lead the PDP phase within the Academy and oversee Under 23 squad in their PL2 campaign and all other relevant competitions.
Our VISION is to build on our iconic history and create an environment of excellence & high standards that ensures our worldwide reputation as an outstanding producer of talented players & people from within our diverse community… all developed ‘The West Ham Way’.
The role will be to lead the U23s MDT team to provide an environment for the players to develop on and off the pitch in both training and games. To prepare them for u23s Football through individual support for the players through the IDP process.
· Plan, deliver and review the training on daily basis
· Lead and deliver an MDT meeting for planning each day and the week ahead
· Lead and manage each match day for the U23s team and staff
· Maintain and promote the academy values and the ‘West Ham Way’ on a daily basis
· Work across all departments to help ensure the U23s players have everything organsied for them including Education, Nutrition and Wellbeing
· IDP update and review of all scholars with MDT
· Individual meetings with each scholar on progress through the IDP process
· The reviewing of system of play reviews
· Meet with 1st Team & U18s Lead Coaching staff to review player progression
· Review and update the players roles and responsibilities
· Create and maintain a style of playing which reflects the academy’s values
· Review alongside PDP staff the scholars progress
· Review alongside the MDT weakness and strengths of the season
· Pre-season organisation (Preparation for trip, Structure and planning)
· Personal Reflection and action planning for self-development
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
· Advanced Youth Award (E)
· Level 4 (UEFA A) Coaching Certificate (E)
· Level 5 (Pro Licence) Coaching Certificate (D):
· Emergency Aid Certificate (E)
· Minimum two years previous experience in similar role. (E)
· Member of the FA Coaches Club (D)
· Enhanced DBS (or ability to obtain) (E)
· Effective and appropriate communication/relationship building skills. (E)
· Understanding of periodisation and planning for athlete development (E)
· Understanding of the expectations of a Category 1 Academy in accordance with the EPPP (E)
· Understanding of statistics related to performance measurement (D)