The club is currently looking to appoint a store manager at our Romford branch. As the store manager you will be responsible for delivering maximum profitability by coordinating the store operations and providing a sales driven focus to the store. A keen eye for detail and experience of working within a high volume, fast paced environment is necessary in order to understand the culture of the brand and the demands of working for a Premier League football club.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing club. A strong grasp of visual merchandising is desirable and have the ability to lead the team in driving sales and providing exceptional customer to our loyal fan base is a must.
- Operational running of the store
- Maximising all sales opportunities
- Recruitment and selection of staff
- Excellent customer service is offered and maintained
- Train and develop store teams
- Managing and motivating a team to increase sales
- Organising sales promotions and running in store events
- Controlling budgets and costs
- Analysing sales figures and forecasting future sales
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
- Educated to NVQ Level 3 in Retail (Management) or equivalent. (D)
- Extensive experience in a customer-facing apparel sales setting with previous management level experience (E)
- Experience of operations including managing work rotas, stock management and day-to-day requirements of running a store (E)
- Previous experience using till systems (E)
- Experience in building, developing and leading a team (E)
- Experience in developing promotional programmes that drive sales (E)
- Proven ability to deliver exceptional customer experiences (E)
- Exemplary organisation skills (E)
- Excellent Leadership Skills (E)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build positive relationships (E)
- High level of Visual Merchandising (E)
- Excellent standard of written and spoken English (E)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel (E)
- Must have the ability to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment (E)
- Able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and remain calm under pressure (E)
- Ability to carry out detailed tasks with minimal direction or supervision (E)
- Ability to problem solve complex situations in an effective and efficient manner (D)
- Have in-depth knowledge of the football industry (D)
- Flexible approach to working hours (E)
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.