Salary: National Minimum Wage
Hours: Part-Time – 30 hours per week, core hours 10am-5pm.
Contract Type: This is initially a 12-month fixed term contract for an apprentice who will gain a Business Administration Level 2/3 qualification
Closing Date: Friday 30th June 2022
Location: London Stadium, Stratford
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
To work collaboratively with the full-time receptionist to act as the first point of contact for the Club at the Stadium; attending to visitors and provide administration support across the Company. You will deal with inquiries on the phone, via email and face to face, supplying information regarding the Club to the general public, clients and customers, ensuring that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
You will also assist the operations department in responding with the preparation for home matchday’s.
Meeting Room Reception
* Support main reception during busy times and cover Receptionist when required
* Overall responsibility for WHU meeting rooms, managing bookings, cleanliness, and ensuring refreshment area is well stocked.
* Check & replenish stock of kitchen consumables
* Set up and clear meeting rooms
* Providing refreshments for meetings
* Assist in the scheduling meetings and ensuring that meeting rooms are immaculate and ready for use at all times
* Assistance with events/functions
- Support and cover Head Receptionist as and when required.
- Monitoring and processing email received at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meeting and greeting guests
- Managing the visitor’s book and security passes
- Deal with all enquiries in a professional and courteous manner, in person, on the telephone or via e-mail, in line with Club’s Supporter Services SLAs
- Sorting and distributing incoming mail and deliveries
- Support with incoming and outgoing post, airmail, special delivery, recorded, first class and 2nd class and international signed for
* Daily update of the visitor, delivery and parking requests for the Stadium
- Assist administering the Match day Accreditation Process – working with the Stadium Operator and WHUFC Operations Team to put the system in place at the start of the season and manage the process (excluding Club London) for every home match so that everyone who needs to have access to the Stadium on a match-day has it and has the correct level of access.
- Keeping an audit trail of who receives what passes for match-days
- Liaison with the Stadium Operator regarding various operational matters, access issues, parking, etc.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
Due to the nature of the role, we can only accept applications from those who are over 18.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Essential (E) Desirable (D)
Education, Qualifications, Experience
* Administration and reception experience (D)
* Educated to GCSE level or equivalent (E)
* Confident dealing with the public and deliver excellent customer service with a customer focused approach (E)
* Must have a professional and courteous manner in person and on the telephone (E)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E)
* IT competent with (excellent/strong) Microsoft Office skills (E)
* Self-starter who can work on own initiative with strong organisational skills. (E)
* Ability to establish priorities and meeting agreed targets and deadlines. (E)
* Ability to build effective working relationships with a wide variety of individuals. (E)
* Ability to prioritise a busy and varied workload to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision (E)
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
Please apply through our careers site https://www.careers.whufc.com/ by Thursday 30th June 2022.
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted