We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the growing West Ham United accounts department for a Purchase Ledger Assistant
The successful candidate will be to process supplier invoices, statements and payments within a busy Finance Department and assist and support colleagues in both the Finance Team and the wider organisation.
* Purchase order and supplier invoice processing – ensuring that all purchase orders and/or invoices received are logged, correctly coded, and authorised in accordance with company delegated authority limits, prior to posting onto Sage.
* Proactively follow up with Heads of Department and Nominated Purchasers to return authorised purchase orders and invoices to the Finance Department for processing.
* Accurate and timely processing of supplier invoices onto the Sage200 purchase ledger.
* Assisting with weekly and monthly supplier statement reconciliations.
* Payment of ad-hoc invoices, ensuring that the number of non-urgent payment runs are kept to a minimum to maximise efficiency and avoid unnecessary bank charges.
* Assist with standard weekly and month end payments as required.
* Dealing with supplier invoice and payment queries on an ad-hoc basis.
* Checking and proactively answering e-mails received in various finance inboxes.
* Checking for post received daily and processing as required and resolving issues and queries.
* Filing of processed documents and periodic archiving of files in line with financial document retention regulations.
Finance Office Support
* Provide general assistance to colleagues within the Finance Department as and when requested.
* Assisting with ad-hoc requests from Heads of Department for financial information.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Developed A*-C GCSE’s (or equivalent) – including English and Maths (E)
* Experience of working in a similar Purchase Ledger role within a fast-moving organisation is essential.
* Experience of Sage200 purchase ledgers or a similar Sage package would be ideal. (D)
* Good IT skills including MS Excel and Word. (E)
* A flexible approach to managing workload within reporting deadlines, and the ability to switch priorities at very short notice if required. (E)
* Creative, with the ability to analyse and problem solve. (E)
* Excellent interpersonal skills (E).
* Good organisation and administrative skills (E).
* Ability to work well as part of a team as well as on lone supervised projects. (E)
* Ability to work under pressure with the ability to multi-task between projects. (E)
* Time management skills with the ability to keep and meet deadlines. (E)
* Able to use own initiative with a flexible attitude towards assisting colleagues. (E)