West Ham United Foundation are looking for enthusiastic member of staff to assist the Football Development Manager at West Ham United Foundation, to ensure quality of the delivery across the pathway, as well as supporting the growth of the Player Pathway in new areas. This role is mainly an administrative role with main responsibilities to plan, organise and oversee high level practical delivery, coaching may be required within the role.
- Work closely with coaches within the Player Pathway across multiple sites.
- Support the development of coaches within all tiers of the player pathway through Quality Assurance.
- Continuously develop the delivery curriculum in line with the core value of the programme and Foundation.
- Ensure all sessions are fully staffed and oragnise cover where required.
- Monitor and evaluate session plans, risk assessments and registers weekly across all sessions.
- Effectively communicate with parents across all programmes, keeping them up to date with their child’s development, fixture opportunities and other programme which the Foundation offers.
- Be a positive role model for all players engaged within WHU Foundation programmes with a key emphasis on raising player’s aspirations and improving their outlook on future opportunities both in and out of football
- Aid the growth of new centres across Essex and East London, expanding the current delivery model. - Always relate conversations back to positive outcomes, choices and academic success.
- Appropriate challenge players/parents/coaches who fail to comply and adhere to the club’s expectations, ethos and values.
- Effectively manage the league/ games programme for Player Pathway programmes, keeping all teams compliant with league and FA rules. Confirming fixtures, results and team sheets.
- Formulate bespoke action plans and targets for coaches who you specifically work with, and review these on a termly basis.
- Ensure all activities are delivered safely and are age appropriate.
- Follow facility protocols and procedures.
- Support and deliver across half term programmes such as Player Development Camps and Holiday Hammers.
- Work alongside the School Coordinator to engage with schools to promote the development centres and holiday provision creating a seamless pathway between programmes.