Hours: Zero Hour/Sessional
Contract: Fixed Term – expiring 31st May 2023
Location: WHU Foundation, Beckton, plus travel to East London and Essex.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
West Ham United Foundation are looking for enthusiastic member of staff to assist the Player Development Manager at West Ham United Foundation, to ensure quality of the delivery across the pathway, as well as supporting the growth of the Player Pathway in new areas.
* Work closely with players within the Player Pathway across multiple sites.
* Support the development of coaches within all tiers of the player pathway.
* Continuously develop the delivery curriculum in line with the core value of the programme and Foundation.
* Effectively communicate with parents across all programmes, keeping them up to date with their child’s development, fixture opportunities and other programme which the Foundation offers.
* Be a positive role model for all players engaged within WHU Foundation programmes with a key emphasis on raising player’s aspirations and improving their outlook on future opportunities both in and out of football
* Aid the growth of new centres across Essex and East London.
* Always relate conversations back to positive outcomes, choices and academic success.
* Appropriate challenge players who fail to comply and adhere to the club’s expectations, ethos and values.
* Formulate bespoke action plans and targets for coaches who you specifically work with, and review these on a termly basis.
* Ensure all activities are delivered safely and are age appropriate.
* Follow facility protocols and procedures.
* Support and deliver across half term programmes. Where available
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients
Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
A minimum Level 2 qualification or equivalent (Goalkeeper Level One) (E)*
Experienced in delivering high quality goalkeeper football sessions, (E)*
Experience of working with young people in different settings e.g. Grassroots, Development Centres, Team based programmes (E)*
Working with external partners e.g. local authorities, grassroots clubs, schools. (D)*
Futsal Qualification (D)*
Safeguarding and first aid qualification (E)*
Level 2 Sports coaching qualification outside of football (D)*
Demonstrate Experience of delivering high quality sessions to mixed young people of ability groups (E)*
Experience of working with young people from a range of diverse backgrounds (E)*
Experience of facilitating sports and physical activity sessions outside of football (D)*
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Demonstrate an understanding of how effectively engage young people across multiple age ranges (E)*
Knowledge and understanding of the principles of football development (E)*
Knowledge and understanding of business development (D)*
An understanding of the issues and barriers impacting young people (E)*
Demonstrate an understanding of mentoring (E)*
Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills, which are culturally competent (E)*
ICT Literate (E)*
Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote (E)* individual development
Able to effectively communicate with participants and the public (E)*
Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and work within deadlines (E)*
Commitment to develop and improve own performance and CPD (E)*
Ability to work independently and supervise if required (E)*
Strong commitment to quality service delivery (E)*
Ability to get on with a wide range of people (E)*
* Ability to monitor and evaluate programme delivery
Please apply through our careers site https://www.careers.whufc.com/ by Sunday 21st August 2022. Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted