As part of the Club’s trajectory of growth, West Ham United is expanding its Commercial Partnerships Team. This Partnership Manager role, reporting to the Senior Partnership Manager, will be crucial in the successful delivery of activations and campaigns for both West Ham United and West Ham United Women.
The West Ham United Partnerships team carry out a diverse range of activities to ensure the club is fulfilling its obligations to the existing partnership portfolio. As a result, we are looking for a candidate that is truly excited and focussed on helping our women’s partners achieve their goals. The successful candidate will be required to work irregular hours including weekends and bank holidays.
Working closely with the Senior Partnerships Manager and wider commercial team, the Partnership Manager will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the Club’s women’s partners ensuring effective rights delivery.
Additionally, the successful candidate will support on the delivery of partnerships that span both the men’s and women’s side where necessary.
* Management and delivery of commercial rights
* Day-to-day account management of the WHUW’s principal partners
* Creation and development of marketing and activation plans
* Management of partner experiences (Play on the Pitch, Watch the team train)
* Delivery of matchday inventory and obligations
* Delivery of women’s player and ambassador appearances
* Assist West Ham United Women on special projects
* Impliment research and measurement programmes that demonstrate ROI to partners
* Creation and presentation of effective reporting materials
* Agency management
* Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders as well as senior officials, governing bodies and C-level executives
* Assisting the business development team by creating case studies and supplying appropriate data and insight
* Maintain knowledge of the latest industry standards and activity
* A passion for women’s football and an intent to drive the commercial effectiveness of West Ham United Women and the WSL
* Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
* Values and respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
* Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
* Positive outlook and looks for solutions when challenged
* Enthusiastic with a strong team ethos and delivers under pressure
* Outgoing and interested in brands, marketing and sponsorship
* Able to work both autonomously and take a lead in projects
Skills and Experience
* Ideally be a graduate (or equivalent) with a proven marketing background
* At least 4 years experience of relevant sports marketing experience
* Experience of managing a rights delivery programme, preferably in a sporting rights environment
* Comfortable with collating, manipulating and presenting data
* Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients
* Excellent understanding of the UK and European football market
* Excellent account and project management skills
* Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills
* Self-reliance, drive, energy, innovation, creativity and a strong focus on delivery
* A passion for sport and entertainment
* Able to travel occasionally with regular weekend work
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Committed. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable
and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.