As part of the Club’s trajectory of growth, West Ham United is expanding its Commercial Partnership Management Team. This Partnership Assistant role, reporting to the Senior Partnership Manager, will be crucial in the successful delivery of activations and campaigns for partners of the Club.
The West Ham United Partnerships team carry out a diverse range of activities to ensure the club is fulfilling its obligations to the existing partnership portfolio. As a result, we are looking for a candidate that is truly excited to help our partners achieve their goals. The successful candidate will be required to work irregular hours including weekends and bank holidays.
Working closely with the Senior Partnerships Manager and wider commercial team, the Partnership Assistant will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the Club’s partners ensuring effective rights delivery
* Management, delivery and tracking of commercial rights
* Delivery of ticketing and hospitality rights
* Delivery of matchday assets and obligations
* Management of fulfilment of merchandise
* Management of digital and social reporting processes
* Management of commercial image library
* Management of partner communication processes
* General administration duties
* Management of suppliers and agencies
* Develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders as well as senior officials and C-level executives
* Maintain knowledge of the latest industry standards and activity
* Enthusiastic with a strong team ethos and delivers under pressure
* Positive outlook and looks for solutions when challenged
* Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
* Values and respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
* Outgoing and interested in brands, marketing and sponsorship
* Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
Skills and Experience
* Ideally be a graduate (or equivalent) with a strong interest in sports marketing
* Ideally 12 months experience, in the form of placements or full time employment, of relevant sports marketing experience
* Comfortable with collating, manipulating and presenting data
* Strong attention to detail, to produce work that is consistently accurate and fit for purpose
* Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients
* Excellent account and project management skills
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills – specifically Excel
* A desire to understand the UK and European football market
* Self-reliance, drive, energy, innovation, creativity and a strong focus on delivery
* Able to travel occasionally with regular weekend work
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Committed. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
Due to the expected large number of applicants only those candidates called for interview will be contacted.