We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
West Ham’s Academy is looking to recruit a minibus driver, to work as part of the academy logistics department.
PLEASE NOTE: DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE ROLE WE CAN ONLY ACCEPT APPLICANTS WHO ARE OVER 25 YEARS OF AGE
* Driving Academy players to and from the Academy, Schools, and home addresses
* Driving age group squads to and from away matches, and home matches when required.
* Transporting trial players to and from airports and local public transport stations.
* Transporting academy players to and from the Academy and First Team training ground as and when required
* Ad-hoc assistance with the kit and logistics team to ensure all kit and equipment is clean and ready to use.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Clean, full Driving Licence (E)
* Experience in similar position within a sporting environment (D)
* Committed, hardworking, with a flexible approach and be willing to work outside the traditional working hours (E)
* Be able to work effectively on your own and within a team (E)
* Organised with an excellent ability to manage, organise and prioritise workload (E)
* Able to communicate to a variety of audiences through an understanding and appreciation of the audience’s needs (E)
* Ability to travel – the role will require occasional travel (week day and week end) within the UK or abroad (E)