The role involves being first point of contact for visitors and supporters to purchase their tickets, assisting customers in a polite and professional manner. Full training will be provided to ensure you are fully prepared for the first home game at the new Stadium.
The successful candidates will have a keen interest in providing first class customer service, with the ability to work quickly and efficiently within a varied and vibrant environment and will be confident working as part of a team.
The chosen candidates will gain great experience in working in one of the largest stadiums in the UK and a number of transferable skills that can help to further careers including numeracy and IT skills, time management, team working, customer service and communication skills and commercial awareness.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
* Experience of working within a customer services environment would be beneficial
* Experience working in a ticket office/box office/call centre is not essential however would be beneficial
* Good communication skills
* IT literature
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
* Confident handling money
* Available to work evening and weekend home games
* ‘Can do’ attitude
* Flexibility due to the scheduling of games
* Willingness to learn
* Passion and interest in the brand
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
3. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.