At West Ham United we have created a range of facilities and services for disabled supporters and visitors to London Stadium. Our stadium is a fully accessible venue, with lifts and all public areas designed specifically to accommodate the needs of disabled supporters.
We want to provide the best possible service and matchday experience for all accessible supporters at West Ham United.
All of our Disability Support Assistants are skilled in up-to-date disability awareness training, with some also trained in Signature Level 101 British Sign Language.
Working as part of a wider team, you will provide support and directional assistance wherever required; listen to and discuss any feedback and concerns, note suggestions around service and provide feedback to the Disability Access.
* Provide a care and assistance to disabled supporters.
* Help supporters get through turnstiles and to their seats inside the stadium
* Assist the West Ham United Foundation with get Disabled supporters to and from the shuttle bus-20 per game and they are located inside and outside the turnstiles.
* Meet and greet fans upon arrival.
* Make sure supporters are well informed where to go within the Stadium
* Pick up, deliver and set up audio headset equipment for visually impaired supporters.
* Aid stewards escorting away fans to and from their seats and back to their coach post game if required.
* After games provide assistance in the car park to ensure supporters safely leave the Stadium.
* Assist away wheelchair supporters.
* Take part in disability awareness and safeguarding training.
* Remain visible at all times around the Stadium and react quickly to assist supporters.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Education & Qualifications
* Demonstrate excellent standard of spoken and written English
* Knowledge of the West Ham Fan Base
* Experience working with supporters or customers would be advantageous
* Working in a high-pressure environment
Abilities/ Skills/ Knowledge
- Strong decision making, organisational, planning, prioritising and problem-solving skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Drive, enthusiasm and passion for the brand
- Able to use your own initiative
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Can perform under pressure in an ‘always on’ environment and operate in a fast-moving environment
- Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
3. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
Promoting access, equality and inclusion are at the heart of our values and, as a Club, we are committed to providing a fully inclusive and equal experience for all supporters.