We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
The 150 Club Newham Community Prescription is a 12 week GP Referral programme offering local residents at risk of diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease a wide range of tailored physical activities to help combat the diseases. It aims to empower local people and enable them to take greater control of their own health.
A Lifestyle Advisor encourages people to understand and adapt their behaviour by providing information and practical support. They work under the direction of the Health Manager/Coordinator and other key partners to deliver one-to-one Initial Assessments, signposting participants to physical activity session that suits their individual needs and tracking their progress through to their Final Assessment.
The position is based at various venues in Newham. The job holder needs to be flexible and may work outside office hours, given the nature of the job.
- Initial and Final Assessments (12 weeks) to the Specification
- Provide ongoing support and guidance to participants
- Acquire and maintain knowledge on physical activity sessions available
- Deliver exercise sessions as needed
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with stakeholders and partners.
- Track own participants and check progress regularly
- Enter data on Intelligent Health system daily and ensure information is up to date.
- Be involved in promotional activities/events as required
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients
Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Level 3 Fitness Instructor, L2 Gym instructor, Level 4 Exercise Referral, Motivational Interviewing skills (E)
* Degree in Health Promotion/Public Health or a relevant health related discipline (D)
* Qualified in a variety of exercise disciplines e.g. Exercise to Music. (D)
* Current Safeguarding Adults Certificate (E)
* Approved First Aid Certificate (E)
* Valid DBS (or ability to obtain (E)
* Experience delivering on community health/exercise referral programmes (E)
* Has worked across professional boundaries and partnership working (D)
* Experience in working in Health & Fitness environment (E)
* Experience in working with people individually or a group setting
* Has worked with people with a variety of abilities and ages
- A passion and enthusiasm for supporting individuals to achieve their goals
- Ability to use their initiative
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and motivated to meet targets
- Excellent communication skills to deal with the diversity of participants involved
- Outstanding IT skills, willing to undergo training in new technologies
- A strong team player
- Is enthusiastic about the benefits of having a healthy lifestyle
- Has excellent communication and motivational skills
- Has experience in working in a community setting
Please apply through our careers site https://www.careers.whufc.com/ by Thursday 30th June 2022.
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted