We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United Retail department for a part time Sales Advisor at our Lakeside Store to join us during the department’s busiest time of the year. This part time Sales Assistant will be key to the successful running of the Lakeside Store and is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that can offer great scope for progression.
The successful candidate will be key to help drive sales. This will be done through operational excellence and the highest standards of customer service The overall aim is to achieve and increase in store sales and experience to all customers.
The store operates in a fast paced, high volume environment, so an individual who is focus and highly motivated is required
• Greeting all customers at they enter the store i.e. Good Morning/Afternoon
• Offer first class service to all customers, providing assistance wherever possible
• Assisting customers with queries on the shop-floor
• Merchandising, ticketing and tagging stock items
• Tidying sales floor at the end of each day
• Keeping all areas of the shop, including back of house, clean and tidy at all times
• To be pro-active in the prevention of customer complaints from all sides of the business
• Any other retail duties as required
• The scope of the above duties may be extended as dictated by the changing requirements of the organisation and relevant regulatory bodies, and therefore, the role may require additional ad-hoc duties as reasonably required
Maximising profitability of the store by achieving budget.
• Achieving individual and team sales targets
• Be aware of best-selling stock and ensure this is always fully replenished
• Able to be flexible to changing trading circumstances which change priorities and deadlines
• Takes accountability for understanding the weekly and daily action plan
• Demonstrate professionalism in all contact with customers and a passion for delivering the best service
• Improvement in customer conversion and average transaction values
• Acts in a professional way when dealing with angry and rude customers
• ‘Goes the extra mile’ to ensure the customer is given what he wants
• Prioritises the customer above other tasks to ensure that the service levels are maintained, eg prompt acknowledgement at till
• Makes a note of any customer requests or complaints and communicates this to the store management
• Polite and professional telephone manner
Support the maintenance of stores visual standard and participates in shop floor replenishment
• Assists the Supervisors/Management to carry out replenishment activities
• Supports the Supervisors/Management to ensure that the VM activities cause minimal disruption to trade and are completed and ensures that the visual standards for the store are maintained and consistent
• Ensures all product is displayed with a price and barcode, and a security tag if appropriate
Reduce stock loss by active loss prevention management
• Assist with auditing of shopfloor and stockrooms as required
• Assist the store management by observing customer activity and behaviours; reporting anything suspicious to a senior member of management
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
• Previous experience working in Retail (E)
• Demonstrate experience of providing excellent customer service (E)
• Demonstrate excellent standard of spoken and written English (E)
• Good level of numeracy (E)
• Previous experience using Till systems (D)
• Strong decision making, organisational, planning, analytical and problem solving skills (E)
• Good interpersonal and communication skills (E)
• Understanding of loss prevention awareness (E)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills (E)
• Can perform under pressure in an ‘always on’ environment and operate in a fast moving environment (E)
• High attention to detail (E)
• Comfortable working to sales targets (E)
• Passionate about football (D)