We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United Retail department for a Supervisor/Key Holder. The successful candidate will be responsible to supporting the store management in the operation of the store and achievement of targets. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company that can offer great scope for progression.
This shopfloor based role will drive sales and focus the sales team on customer service and retail standards. The overall aim is to achieve and increase in store sales and experience to all customers.
The successful candidate will provide cover in the absence of store management.
The store operates in a fast paced, high volume environment, so an individual who is focus and highly motivated is required
Maximising profitability of the store by achieving budget.
* Reviews individual and team targets daily with store management
* Monitors individuals progress against daily targets; ensure tasks are rotated amongst the team
* Review key trading information weekly, eg Bestsellers and communicate this to team
* React and be flexible to changing trading circumstances which change priorities and deadlines
* When covering for store management draws up a daily action plan and communicates objectives and responsibilities to team
* Draws up own weekly action plan and communicates this to store management
* Undertake banking and payroll duties, providing Accounts with any necessary documentation; including till reconciliation
* Weekly review of Trading Reports for Stadium eg. Non Sellers Report to ensure all issues are identified and dealt with promptly
* Regularly review and complete shop administrative tasks, eg. Internal Control Checks Report and report issues and discrepancies to Management
Provide excellent customer service and guide the sales team to deliver service beyond customers expectations
* Demonstrate professionalism in all contact with customers and a passion for delivering the best service
* Ensure that all store employees have the necessary customer service training to ensure that they provide the best experience to WHU customers
* Act as a role model for new employees; demonstrating the importance of customer service
* Improvement in customer conversion and average transaction values
* Acts in a professional way when dealing with angry and rude customers
Maintain store visual standards and shopfloor replenishment levels to ensure that the space is maximised and margin is delivered
* Reviews the Trading Reports with store management and develops a replen action plan
* Communicates action plan and replen objectives clearly to team
* Oversees the shopfloor replen dealing with any issues that arise to ensure maximum use of available shopfloor space
* Leads the team with hands-on approach to visual merchandising
* Ensures that the visual standards for the store are maintained and consistent
* Ensures all product is displayed with a price and barcode, and a security tag if appropriate
* Ensure that all point of sale material is in place and relevant to the product and/or promotion
Support, motivate and guide the sales team to deliver the best service and store standards
* Set an example as a role model for store employees demonstrating passion for the customer, product and WHU
* Respect the confidentiality of communication with other Supervisors, Store managers, Buying Manager and Merchandiser
* Create a positive team spirit to ensure colleagues feel motivated and enthusiastic
* Show openness towards learning from more experienced colleagues or manager and be accountable for personal development
* Respectful of how others are treated and able to deal with issues in a positive and non-threatening way; escalating to senior management where necessary
* Monitors staff punctuality
* Provide guidance and support for other team members and new recruits to ensure consistency regarding instore operations
* Monitoring achievement of daily tasks and giving honest feedback to others in a constructive and professional manner
* Ensure that all Health and Safety Guidelines are adhered to
Reduce stock loss by active loss prevention management
* Assist with the coordination of the shop floor and stockrooms audits as required by the Internal Auditor.
* Enforces staff search guidelines when required
* Responsibility for the store opening and closing procedures in the absence of store management
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Minimum of 2 years working in Retail (E)
* Previous Supervisory experience an advantage (D)
* Demonstrate experience of providing excellent customer service (E)
* Selling and visual merchandising skills (E)
* Good interpersonal and communication skills (E)
* Excellent IT Skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel. (E)
* Good level of numeracy (E)
* Demonstrate excellent standard of spoken and written English (E)