We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
This is an exciting new opportunity to become part of the growing CRM, Data & Insights team at West Ham United. The club is seeking an inquisitive and ambitious individual, willing to learn and assist with data, digital & marketing insight projects and regular internal reporting, to contribute to the club achieving its objectives. Key focuses for this role include deepening our understanding of our fans, driving international growth, and measuring club marketing effectiveness.
Our successful candidate will report into the Insights Lead and be responsible for maintaining and expanding core research reports and overviews, as well as updating internal reports for key stakeholders at West Ham United FC. As Insights Assistant, you will play a key role in supporting the data, digital and marketing teams with regular reporting, strategic recommendations, and other ad hoc tasks as requested.
You will work closely with the data team to extract insights from club data (adding questions, ideas and approaches wherever possible) and overlaying findings from external data sources, with the goal of optimising the club’s marketing as well as contributing to strategic projects across the club including ticket sales, international fan growth and retail sales. Internal data will include CRM, ticketing and survey data, while external sources will include syndicated research platforms, Premier League data and any other research or statistical information that adds context or new ideas.
* Regular analysis of club marketing performance, to identify insights around best-performing content/audiences and inform future marketing plans
* Create presentations for the Senior Leadership Team to a high standard
* Assist with club strategic projects including stadium expansion and ticket sales, season ticket renewals and kit launches
* Analyse Premier League research material, including TV audience data, digital data and fan research projects, to leverage findings specific to the club. Key insights to be extracted and shared with the relevant stakeholders
* Combine internal consumption data with external research platforms to measure and analyse fan behaviours and attitudes in priority international markets. This will contribute to the club’s global marketing and commercial strategies
* Lead on fan matchday experience feedback project, ensuring that surveys are sent to the appropriate sample, questions are updated, and results are analysed and reported following each home match
* Assist with, or manage, other ad-hoc requests and projects as required, pulling together various data sources to provide clear answers and narratives
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Confidence in managing large datasets in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in PowerPoint (E)
* Educated to degree level (D)
* Previous experience within a market research or data insights role (D)
* Familiarity with research and/or CRM platforms (D)
* Experience analysing customer data (D)
* Strong organisation, time management and prioritisation skills
* Excellent written and oral communications with the ability to articulate complicated data in an understandable way to internal stakeholders
* Ability to multi-task and to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
* Strong interpersonal skills
* A collaborative and team-orientated mentality