West Ham United are seeking an eager candidate to join their busy Accounts department as a General Accounts Apprentice.
The purpose of this role is to provide general assistance to colleagues within the Finance Department as and when required.
As part of this apprenticeship the successful candidate will be required to enroll on the course, Advanced Diploma in Accounting at Newham College of Further Education.
* Purchase ledger processing - ensuring that all purchase orders / invoices received are date stamped, coded correctly and authorised in accordance with Company delegated authority limits prior to posting onto SAGE.
* Accurate posting of purchase orders and invoices onto SAGE.
* Deal with supplier invoice and payment queries on a timely basis.
* Sales ledger processing – ensuring sales invoices are correctly coded and posted to SAGE.
* Assisting the Credit Control Manager collection of due and overdue debts.
* Assisting the Payroll Manager with monthly payroll processing and ad-hoc requests.
Abilities, Skills, Knowledge
- IT literate
- Good telephone manner
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Good organisational skills
- Eager to learn
Education, Qualifications, Training
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent)
- GCSEs Maths, English and ICT A-C/or equivalent
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ annual leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice.
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with the being Disability Confident Committed. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
To apply please email your CV with a covering letter and return e-mail address to firstname.lastname@example.org by. We encourage applicants to apply as early as possible as we reserve the right to close the advert earlier than advertised.