The award-winning West Ham United Foundation (WHUF) is seeking a Marketing Officer to promote and advertise the organisation’s initiatives and charitable objectives.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Officer will be part of West Ham United Foundation’s central team, working with colleagues across the Club, and responsible for delivering and implementing marketing plans to promote our work and events, supporting the increase of engagement and participation and enhancing the Foundation’s reputation.
The successful candidate will be able to communicate with a range of audiences across a variety of platforms, develop relationships and have previous experience in marketing.
Educated to degree level in relevant subjects (e.g. Marketing, Advertising) or equivalent.
* Plan, deliver and monitor end-to-end marketing campaigns
* Create and oversee marketing calendars, frameworks and collateral
* Work alongside Club and Foundation colleagues, partners and stakeholders as well as external suppliers and agencies
* Create and deliver online and offline marketing activities
* Support the Foundation’s overall aims and objectives in line with the marketing and communications strategy
* Identify opportunities to promote the efforts and success of the Foundation
* Assist fundraising initiatives and events including player engagement activities
* Support partnerships including Patrons and Friends of the Foundation
- Adhere to the administration and maintenance of policies, procedures and frameworks. Maintaining up to date monitoring, databases and key performance indicator decks, and adhering to relevant guidance
- Consistently maintain a high quality of output, in line with Club and Foundation standards
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people, and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background, or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person, or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
3. Ensure implementation of the club’s health & safety, safeguarding, welfare and equality policies to create a safe working environment for all.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
- Creative, analytical and dynamic
- Understanding of CMS and analytics
- Good time management
- Strong communication skills and excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Availability to work flexible hours on evening and weekends when required
- Ability to manage a diverse workload
- A genuine team player with good inter-personal skills
- Ability to connect with audiences in a meaningful way
* An understanding of the third sector
* Licence to drive and access to a car
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
West Ham United Foundation is an organisation committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.