We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
The award-winning West Ham United Foundation (WHUF) is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to help to achieve its aims; forging exceptional relationships with stakeholders and promoting the organisation’s outstanding work in the community.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Manager will make up an intrinsic part of West Ham United Foundation’s central team, responsible for creating and implementing marketing and communications plans to raise awareness of the charity’s activities and campaigns.
The successful candidate will have proven experience in marketing and communications, be able to work independently and as part of a team to meet set objectives, manage multiple priorities and establish strong working relationships.
* To Marketing and Communications Manager Create and proof-read items, including: emails, thought leadership pieces, press releases, website content, imagery, videos, match day programmes, social media posts, advertisements and other materials.
* Build strong working relationships with colleagues, service users, players, ambassadors, media, partners, stakeholders and charities.
* Aid the administration and maintenance of policies, procedures and frameworks. Maintaining up to date monitoring, databases and key performance indicator decks, and adhering to relevant guidance.
* Support events and campaigns.
* Provide evaluations of marketing and communications outputs.
* Manage budgets.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients
Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Demonstratable experience within similar Marcommms Manager role. (E)
* Marcomms experience within Charity/Sporting sector (D)
* A Creative, analytical and dynamic (E)
* Good time management (E)
* Excellent written and verbal communications (E)
* An understanding of the third sector (E)
* Availability to work flexible hours on evening and weekends when required (E)v
* Awareness of the local areas (E)
* Ability to manage a diverse workload (E)
* Strong project management skills (E)
* Knowledge of local and national media interests and activities (E)
* Meticulous attention to detail (E)
* Ability to work calmly under pressure and multi-task (E)
* A genuine team player with good inter-personal skills (E)
* Comfortable dealing with a variety of stakeholders (E)
* Ability to connect with audiences in a meaningful way (E)
* Experience of effectively using social media and analytics (E)
* Comfortable using photography and video equipment and understanding how such content supports marketing and communications activity (D)
* Licence to drive and access to a car (D)
* An understanding of how to deliver sessions to mixed ability groups (E)
* Demonstrate an understanding of how effectively engage young people who may be disengaged (E)
* Knowledge and understanding of the principles of youth work (E)
* An understanding of the issues and barriers impacting young people (E)
* Must be able to demonstrate excellent oral and written communication / presentation skills, which are culturally competent (E)
* ICT Literate (E)
* Able to work within a diverse community and draw on individual strengths to promote individual development (E)
* Able to effectively communicate with participants and the public (E)
* Good organisational skills, able to prioritise and work within deadlines (E)
* Commitment to develop and improve own performance and CPD (E)
* Ability to work independently and supervise if required (E)
* Strong commitment to quality service delivery (E)
* Ability to get on with a wide range of people(E)