We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of interest-free travel season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We are looking to recruit Kit Operative to assist the Kit & Logistics Department with the assist with the provision of a kit service to the First Team Squad.
The post holder will assist in preparing kit requirements for both match-day and training including making sure that all the kit is sufficiently washed, dried and folded ready to go out for matches.
Working predominantly at the First Team Training Ground in Rush Green, the role will require the ability to travel between Club locations and to away fixtures. You will need to be flexible with your working hours and days as the working pattern can be different from one week to the next. You will be expected to work weekends and this can include long trips that on some occasions mean staying away on the night prior to the fixture. Some fixtures during the season may be played in midweek with an evening kick off and you will be required to work these games.
- To assist in managing the club's kit requirements, ensuring that all day to day duties are completed.
- To organise kit distribution, working collaboratively with the other members within the department and preparing a strategy for this task to be completed efficiently.
- To be responsible for kit stock levels; this will include regular stock checks.
- The ordering of kit, providing information on quantities, sizes etc.
- Ensure the correct kit and equipment are provided for all home and away games.
- The post holder will work First Team home and away fixtures on rota and will be responsible for ensuring that all match kits are clean and readily available for each match.
- Printing of Training and Match Kit to ensure compliance with Premier League, EFL and UEFA regulations.
- On a day-to-day basis you will need to ensure that all First Team squad and staff kits are prepared and that they have everything they require for training, this will require you to continually communicate with the coaches and staff about their needs for training each day.
- To work in the laundry room; this will include washing, drying, folding and putting away kits from training and matches. This is to be done to a high standard as required by the club.
- You will be expected to maintain high standards of work, keeping the whole work area of the department clean, neat, tidy and organised. This will include occasional sweeping and general tidying of the kit and boot rooms.
- To undertake their responsibilities with full knowledge of the importance of confidentiality and the club's relevant policies.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
1. Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: -
Education, Qualifications, Experience
* Previous experience of working as within a Kit Department (D)
* GCSEs in Maths and English or equivalent (E)
* Holds a full valid driver’s license (E)
- Hard working and enthusiastic individual (E)
- Meticulous attention to detail (E)
- Displays a high level of confidentiality (E)
- Able to carry out instructions accurately (E)
- Excellent communication and organisational skills(E)
- Reliable with good time keeping (E)
- Flexible and adaptable to change in a fast paced environment (E)
- A healthy interest in sport with good football knowledge (E)
- Ability to work well individually and within a team environment (E)
- Ability to work with all levels of management and be able to take own initiative (E)
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
Please apply through our careers site https://www.careers.whufc.com/ by Friday 24th June 2022.
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted