We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the West Ham United Content department for a creative, self-motivated individual.
The role is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to gain first-hand experience working within the Content department, with a focus on the Women’s and Academy. The role will assist the Editorial Lead and Women’s Content Lead with the production of content for the Club website, Official Programme and social media channels, as well as assisting with an array of other duties.
The ideal candidate will also be a flexible individual who is happy to work in a team, but also able to work independently.
This role will include working weekend and evening matchdays and other events.
* Report into and work in conjunction with Editorial Lead and Women’s Content Lead across all required areas.
* Produce content for the Club website, social media channels and Official Programme – including match reports and post-match reaction content with players and management.
* Establish a working relationship with the Women’s and Academy staff and players.
* Fulfil administrative tasks, attend meetings, liaise with other departments and stakeholders when required.
* Attending Women’s and Academy matches and other events.
* Assisting with press accreditation.
* Fulfil all written tasks with an awareness of Club editorial style, tone of voice and media law
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* GCSE Maths and English A*-C/Grade 5-9 (E)
* A high standard of written and spoken English (E)
* Capable of writing clean and entertaining, engaging and informative copy in a range of styles to suit the Club’s output (E)
* Attention to detail, together with the ability to proofread (E)
* Confidence to interview and work with all relevant stakeholders (E)
* Ability to stay calm under pressure, work well with others and show initiative (E)
* Work experience and evidence of interest in journalism (digital or in print) (D)
* An understanding of the Women’s and Academy football, West Ham United, its history and ambitious plans for the future (D)
* An interest in Women’s and Academy football (D)
* Full, clean UK driving licence (D)
* Strong decision making, organisational, planning, analytical and problem-solving skills (E)
* Dynamic approach to working, able to learn on the job (E)
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills (E)
* High attention to detail and levels of accuracy (E)
* Strong copywriting skills (E)