We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
Reporting to the Disability Access Officer (DAO) to assist with departmental accessibility policies to protect the Club and its accessible supporters
* To act as a liaison officer between the supporters, club and the Independent Supporters’ Board
* Liaising with supporters to engage with the club and appropriate paperwork, ensuring all in house processes and procedures are kept up to date and audited
* Process any accessible supporter bookings either via telephone or face to face
* Work with the Disability Access Officer (DAO) to Agree and provide any reasonable adjustments as required under the equality act 2010
* To assist the Disability Liaison Officer (DLO) training Ticket Office staff the Disabled/Accessibility Supporter’s process and to keep them fully up to date and briefed
* Assisting the Disability Liaison Officer (DLO) in continuing to improve accessibility services on an ongoing basis to assist in raising standards of the operation as per the Visit Football protocols
* Provide support and cross over with other departmental colleagues, such as safeguarding, operations, media, supporter services and marcomms
* To assist in liaising with other club Disability Access Officers/Supporter Liaison Officer’s external agencies such us level playing field, the premier league and to attend some meetings in the Disability Liaison Officer (DLO) absence
* To assist in contacting matchday Disabled Supporter Assistants (DSA’S) 72 hours before a home match day for working attendance confirmation, working in accordance with departmental processes and procedures
* Disability Supporter Assistant matchday staff management – (DSA) matchday staff plan/rota for all operational areas. Pre-match, during & post-match
* Manage blue badge parking both seasonally and match by match for home and away supporters
* To assist in organising special requests from the chairman, Directors or colleagues within the club for upcoming fixtures
* Pre match day briefing to be conducted with any additional information relevant to the fixture
* Preparation and management of shuttle bus services for matchday
* To deputise for the Disability Access Officer when absent
* Supporting the Ticket Office during busier periods
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* 2 years + of relevant experience in a customer service role (D)
* Experience within accessibility (D)
* Experience of working within a professional sporting environment (D)
* Strong attention to detail, to produce work that is consistently accurate and fit for purpose (E)
* Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships with colleagues and clients (E)
* Excellent account and project management skills (E)
* Excellent Microsoft Office skills – specifically Excel (E)
* Self-reliance, drive, energy, innovation, creativity and a strong focus on delivery (E)
* Able to travel occasionally with regular weekend work (D)
* Enthusiastic with a strong team ethos and delivers under pressure (E)
* Positive outlook and looks for solutions when challenged (E)
* Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility (E)
* Values and respects others, builds relationships, collaborates (E)
* Outgoing and interested in brands, marketing and sponsorship (E)
* Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas and takes a proactive approach to tasks (E)
Please apply through our careers site https://www.careers.whufc.com/ by Sunday 5th December 2021
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted