* Proactively using outbound cold calling (50 x Daily Calls) to bring Club London and West Ham United to new individuals and businesses.
* Taking a strategic approach to nurturing and developing new business pipeline, supported by the Clubs broader marketing and awareness activities.
* Using the CRM & Ticketmaster sales systems, to ensure all new bookings are uploaded correctly with full details to capture guest data.
* Generate personal target lists of appropriate businesses to approach.
* Conduct face to face meetings to close larger value sales.
* Contribute to the sale of the end of season dinner and ad hoc stadium events.
* Sell all corporate products to agreed target levels.
* Achieve all monthly and annual targets as assigned.
* Maintain complete knowledge of membership product offering to maximise sales opportunities and benefit to client’s needs.
* Develop and maintain a broader industry and general economic knowledge.
* Record relevant information resulting from calls made to prospects/customers by updating system tools/databases and managing sales pipeline.
* Respond to and follow up sales enquiries using appropriate methods.
* Effectively and efficiently introduce closed business into the Relationship Management Team.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Relevant experience or educated to degree level in business or sales (E)
* Proven experience of previous sales roles (E)
* Ensuring a “solution first” approach to problem solving.
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills both internally and externally.
* Attention to detail and an ability to think critically are crucial.
* Uses initiative to thrive under pressure and adept at meeting challenging targets.
* Able to organise and schedule activities and effectively manage time.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to demonstrate a knowledge of a sales technique using effective questioning and objection handling.
* Ability to understand and respond to clients’ needs.
* Must be able to demonstrate the ability to deliver results within deadlines.
* The ability and desire to sell;
* Excellent communication skills;
* A positive, confident and determined approach;
* Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection;
* A high degree of self-motivation and ambition;
* The skills to work both independently and as part of a team;
* The capability to flourish in a competitive environment;
* A good level of numeracy.
* Understanding and commitment to the Club’s Equality Policy and ability to promote anti-discriminatory practice.