We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
An exciting opportunity has become available at West Ham United Football Club and are seeking an U7 – U10 Recruitment Manager to effectively manage the identification & recruitment of all U7 – U10 players at West Ham United including the management of all pre-academy programmes.
Our VISION is to build on our iconic history and create an environment of excellence & high standards that ensures our worldwide reputation as an outstanding producer of talented players & people from within our diverse community‿ all developed ‘The West Ham Way’.
Pre-Academy Recruitment*: To identify & assess the best grassroots U7 & U8 players within our catchment area before agreeing with management on securing the registrations of the new U9 intake of the highest quality each season. Whilst always creating an elite environment to support development towards the West Ham Way and enhance retention at Pre-Academy sessions, games and events.
U9/U10 Recruitment*: To work effectively with coaching & management departments to identify the needs of all age-groups, working with your scouts to identify suitable talent to meet these and secure the recruitment of players who complete a successful trial period.
Talent Identification:* Effectively manage & co-ordinate all scouting activities and recruitment events within the U7 – U10s age-groups and ensure all information & knowledge gathered is correctly logged onto the club’s database.
Scout Management:* To effectively build, manage & develop a network and/or team of scouts that work in the best interested of the Academy to support the department towards achieving its Key Performance Indicators.
Talent ID Events*: To lead & deliver on all U7 – U10 Talent ID events through-out the season that effectively improves our network and knowledge of talent. To support other recruitment managers with their events whilst always liaising with coaching, operations & management on the successful planning of any event.
Multi-Discipline Team*: To effectively work closely within the U9 – U16 MDT team to support a multi-discipline approach to recruitment, retention and development whilst helping contribute, share & demonstrate continual high-standards & good practice in all areas of work.
Player Registrations*: To ensure effective administration of all new player registrations and trial players (including induction & exit processes) within the U7 – U10 age-groups. Whilst working closely with Operations, Management & the rest of the Recruitment team to support compliance of all registrations.
Safe to Operate & Compliance*: To ensure the Youth Development Rules and all other internal protocols are complied with at all times to the highest standard. To always place the well-being, welfare and safety of each young person in your care at the forefront of every Academy activity and to ensure all other relevant procedures and protocols are effectively followed.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Talent Identification Level 2 (E)
* FA Level 3/4 in Talent Identification (D)
* Emergency Aid Certificate (E)
* Minimum two years previous experience in similar role. (E)
* Relevant Football Coaching Qualifications (D)
* Qualification in Education / Youth Development / Pedagogy (D)
* Enhanced DBS (or ability to obtain one) (E)
* Strong desire to excel at whatever task is at hand, seeking to achieve world-class levels of professionalism, technical delivery and quality standards. (E)
* Actively accommodates and implements change initiatives. (E)
* Uses appropriate methods and a flexible interpersonal style to help build a cohesive team; facilitating the completion of team goals. (E)
* Develops direction and structure, ensuring clarity of role and purpose. (E)
* Facilitates goal accomplishment for the team, provides necessary resources and works to remove obstacles. (E)
* Involves others in team decisions and shares important, relevant information. (E)
* Sets high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing tasks. (E)
* Seeks and uses feedback to identify appropriate areas for learning. (E)
* Identifies and participates in appropriate learning activities to fulfil development needs. (E)