We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
An exciting opportunity has become available at West Ham United Football Club and are seeking an Academy Education Coordinator to effectively plan, deliver and assess BTEC qualifications for players in the Professional Development Phase
Our VISION is to build on our iconic history and create an environment of excellence & high standards that ensures our worldwide reputation as an outstanding producer of talented players & people from within our diverse community‿ all developed ‘The West Ham Way’.
* Management and organisation of the BTEC/SEP education programme by completing assessment plans, schemes of work and schedules for 1st Year Scholars
* Plan, and deliver challenging and engaging lessons as part of the BTEC/SEP education courses that meet the individual needs of each learner.
* Assessment of learners throughout BTEC/SEP programmes in compliance with Premier League and Awarding Organisations policies.
* Maintaining up-to-date tracking of each learner and providing a reporting platform to give constructive feedback to learners and parents in line with Premier League’s 6-Week Review Cycle.
* Conforming to Internal Verification requirements of the Premier League and provide samples for external scrutiny.
* Collaboration with all departments across the Academy to support the multi-disciplinary development programme.
* Manage & Track the academic attainment & effort of U9-U15 Academy Players (KS2 KS3 & KS4)
* Support the coordination & delivery of the Hybrid Training Model programme.
* To monitor and track the academic attainment & effort of U9-U15 academy players.
* To build positive and professional relationships with the schools attended by Academy players, ensuring that each is kept up-to-date with individual development.
* To support the Head of Education with the initial assessment and recruitment of learners onto appropriate post-16 education programmes.
* To manage and organise the BTEC & SEP for 1st Year Scholars by completing assessment plans.
* To support the coordination and management of the HTM.
* To ensure that each scholar achieves a full framework of qualifications through their scholarship programme.
* To attend all Premier League Training Events as required.
* To support the education department with other Academy Education Provision where required.
Meso / 8 Weekly Blocks
* To plan and organise the education programmes by completing Schemes of Work, Scholar Individual Learning Plan and Schedules.
* To attain updated information on an 8-12 weekly cycle of all Schoolboy Education.
* To assess learners across the education programmes, maintaining records and reports to meet the requirements of the Premier League’s Learner Review Process.
* To conform, to the Internal Verification requirements of the Premier League and provide samples for external scrutiny as required.
* To liaise with the Premier League and Awarding Organisations, developing and agreeing action plans and acting within the agreed timescales.
* To teach and support the BTEC/SEP components of the education programme, ensuring that lessons are challenging and engaging whilst taking into consideration the individual needs of each learner.
* To maintain accurate and up-to-date tracking of individual learner attainment and progress across the Academy Education Provision.
* To support the department across other Education Provision.
* To undertake all administrative aspects of the role to the highest standards.
* To ensure effective communication with all departments across the football club whilst actively offering support and guidance as necessary.
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
2. It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS ) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
* Previous experience of working within a similar role (D)
* Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) (E)
* Safeguarding and Protecting Children (E)
* Educated to a minimum of undergraduate degree level (E)
* Effective and appropriate communication/relationship building skills. (E)
* Understanding of the expectations of a Category 1 Academy in accordance with the EPPP (D)
* Understanding of statistics related to performance measurement (D)
* Excellent IT, communication and presentation skills (E)
* Ability to engage with a diverse range of students, both within both a group and one-to-one setting (E)
* Ability to plan engaging sessions that are relevant and appropriate for a formal learning environment (E)
* Ability to both manage programme delivery and contribute to strategic developments (E)
* Ability to develop good professional relationships with colleagues, employers, other outside agencies, alongside a flexible approach to working hours (i.e. evening and weekend work as needed, sometimes at short notice) (E)
* Understanding of, and commitment to, improving student experience and effective learning (E)
* A creative, innovative thinker that is looking for ways to develop curriculum/programme content (E)
* Seeks and uses feedback to identify appropriate areas for learning. (E)
* Identifies and participates in appropriate learning activities to fulfil development needs. (E)