Hours: Full Time – Including evening and weekend work.
Location: WHU Academy, Chadwell Heath/Rush Green, Essex
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment and have been accredited with being a Disability Confident Leader. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities.
West Ham United FC is committed to equality and safeguarding children and ‘adults at risk’. Positions that involve working with such groups are subject to safer recruitment protocols, including DBS Disclosure at enhanced level.
West Ham United staff enjoy generous benefits, including a contributory scheme, 25 days’ leave and life assurance. You can also take advantage of childcare vouchers, interest-free season ticket loans, a cycle to work scheme and our employee wellbeing programme.
We believe that a diverse workforce strengthens our creativity and delivers the best commercial performance. We are, therefore seeking applications from high quality people, whose backgrounds, experience, and identity broadens and enhances the diversity of our company.
As an employer we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health of our staff.
An exciting opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic, hardworking, forward-thinking practitioner to become an important member of West Ham United Academy’s Operations Department. The successful candidate will facilitate/coordinate the administration and operations of the Academy alongside the Academy Secretary.
* Administer the U9-U15 Games Programme
* Provide support for U16 & U18 Matchday Coordination by managing the accreditation process with both Home/Away Club
* Administer the visiting scouts requests process for all U9-U18 fixtures
* Keep Player and Staff databases current including personal detail spreadsheets, PMA & Premier League SRS
* PMA super user for all age-groups as the main point of contact for Kitman Labs to update performance-based syllabuses (e.g. coaching or sports science) by liaising with HODs to create an action plan
* Tours, Tournaments & Competitions organiser for the U9-U16
* Main point of contact for IT issues and new starter arrangements prior to IT Dept involvement
* Provide day to day operational support to the Academy Secretary and Academy Manager as the email gatekeeper, undertaking impromptu tasks (e.g. collate ethnicity audit for Players) or events (e.g. looking after visiting trialists on-arrival or Parent Evenings)
* Match-day Coordination for Under 9 to 15 Games Programme fixtures at Little Heath on a Sunday
* Plan and confirm logistics (travel & kit) with Staff and Parents for all U9 – U15 fixtures
* Support the Academy Secretary with the U9 – 15 retain and release process with Parent/Guardians
1. To ensure that all departments are provided within an anti-discriminatory framework and take account of such issues as race, gender, sexuality, disability, religion, sexual orientation and age.
2. To carry out work in a manner which promotes equality of opportunity for both staff and clients.
- Staff must evidence a commitment to the safety and welfare of children, young people and adults at risk regardless of their age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity and ensure the safety and protection of all children, young people and adults at risk taking part in any activity arranged by or in the name of the Club.
- It is a requirement for staff to follow the Club’s Safeguarding reporting procedures to report without delay, allegations of abuse, poor practice or which is or may, impact on the welfare of a child, young person, or adult at risk. After contacting and taking guidance from the Safeguarding Team, staff must use the Club’s Child Protection Online Management System (CPOMS) to record the concern within 24 hours unless directed to do otherwise
Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted, and trained based on objective criteria.
The ideal candidate will have skills and experience in the following areas: - Essential (E) Desirable (D)
- Administration experience (E)
- Experience within Category 1 Academy role (D)
- Experience and knowledge of the PMA system (D)
- Hold current clean driving licence and have use of own vehicle. (E)
- Possession of, or able to gain a DBS certificate (E)
- Possession of a valid passport and comfortable with traveling as required. (E)
- Be prepared to work, at times, unsociable hours including evenings and weekends and have the ability to travel. (E)
- Excellent IT skills. (E)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (E)
- Maintain absolute confidentiality. (E)
* Ability to manage and plan multiple tasks (E)
* Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under pressure during busy periods to meet deadlines (E)
* Proactive and a self-starter (E)
* Ability to react quickly due to an ever-changing environment (E)
* Knowledge of foreign languages, spoken and written (D)
Please apply through our careers site https://www.careers.whufc.com by midday on Sunday 25th September 2022.
West Ham United reserve the right to close the advert early.
Due to a high number of expected applicants, only those successful will be contacted.